Palouse Country is located at the south edge of Fairfield on a hill overlooking the town and surrounding beautiful farmland. The first building on the location was a large home built by Colonel Edward H Morrison in about 1891. Colonel Morrison is regarded as the "father" of Fairfield, having purchased many acres of land from the Railroad in the 1880's. Edward, his wife Louise, their sons (Norton and Edward), and many employees lived on the Hill.
In about 1910 the land surrounding the home was covered with apple trees. That land now produces wheat.
In about 1960 the mansion was converted to a nursing home, operated by the Good Samaritan Society.
The mansion was then removed and replaced by modern facilities for independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing care.
In 2010 Good Samaritan closed the facility; donating the land and buildings to Palouse Country Assisted Living.
Palouse Country is a licensed Assisted Living facility that provides care for seniors who need assistance with the activities of daily living. Please contact Palouse Country at 509-283-2232 to schedule your personalized tour with Helda.